From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: lurker <lurker@×××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] root console on boot
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:29:04
1 On Tuesday 10 February 2009 16:22:17 lurker wrote:
2 > On 10/02/09 21:17, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 10 February 2009 14:54:18 lurker wrote:
4 > >> When I generate liveCDs using catalyst they always end up with a root
5 > >> console being open on tty1 after boot. How can I disable this and have
6 > >> it behave like a normal Gentoo install?
7 > >>
8 > >> A somewhat related question: why is it only possible to login on tty1?
9 > >> tty2 and up just give blank screens with no login prompts.
10 > >
11 > > look at the inittab
12 >
13 > I have checked inittab and it looks ok. However, now I noticed that the
14 > inittab that's in the iso differs from the one when the iso is running.
15 > On the running system a line has been added for the root console, and
16 > tty1-tty2 logins are disabled, just as expected. It seems this is done
17 > sometime during boot, but I'm not sure when. I've checked the initrd,
18 > but nothing there seems to be responsible. Any clues?
19
20 ive never toyed with livecds, so i'm just guessing. try grepping the init.d
21 scripts. or look at the source scripts from catalyst itself (iirc, there's a
22 "livecd support" dir or some such).
23 -mike