From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:18:53
1 Le Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:27:05 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > Actually, that is the only current course of action that is acceptable.
4
5 Perfect ;-)
6
7 > The templates are documentation. They are all empty on purpose, as you
8 > are either supposed to fill them in yourself, after copying the template
9 > to a spec file for your own use, or you remove the option if you do not
10 > use it. The documentation above each option is the important part.
11
12 Yes, of course, but if I want YOUR specs (the one you used to build
13 livecd minimal), what have I to use ?
14 specs in livecd-ng OR options examples from templates doc ?
15
16 > Not really. If I get annoyed, I'll just quit answering and let other
17 > members of the catalyst-hate group answer... :P
18
19 ;-)
20 the latest possible (google's translation)
21
22 > I need to make that more apparent.
23
24 I think so...
25
26 >> Ah, not portage_postdir anymore ?
27 >
28 > portage_confdir...
29
30 sorry.
31
32 >> And, If I want a USE is used by only one package (for exemple a plugin for
33 >> mozilla, but I don't want all packages with USE="mozilla") ?
34 >
35 > This would require portage_confdir.
36
37 Ok.
38
39 > We don't use portage_confdir when
40 > building releases, however. I also personally dislike it, as it removes
41 > the transparency of being able to give someone a spec file.
42
43 I think I can understand the difference now.
44
45 >> Another question, important even if I forgot it before, what is the best
46 >> way to modify some configuration files eg : /etc/fstab to mount nfs etc....
47 >> ?
48 >
49 > Use livecd/fsscript to add a shell script to be executed to perform any
50 > additional tasks. You can even use it for merging packages with crazy
51 > USE flags... *grin*
52
53 Ok, perfect.
54 Thank you for all.
55 I'll try to build now, so, I'll be back :-D
58 Christophe PEREZ
59 --
60 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list