From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] changing genkernel's configuration files as invoked by Catalyst
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:12:24
1 On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 14:53 -1000, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:
2 > Hi Folks,
3 >
4 > I'd like add the "arcmsr" driver to the set of SCSI modules included in
5 > the initrd image generated by genkernel when run by catalyst. I
6 > understand what genkernel files need to be modified to accomplish this
7 > but I'm not sure how to do this under catalyst. Do I need to provide a
8 > portage overlay to catalyst or is there perhaps some magic variable that
9 > can be set to point to genkernels config files?
10
11 You'll need to update genkernel, create a new tarball/ebuild, and
12 resnapshot/portage_overlay it. Yeah, it sucks, but genkernel has no
13 mechanism for choosing the drivers. Also, if this driver should be done
14 by default, please file a bug and I'll fix it in genkernel so the next
15 version has it.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
20 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
21 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
22 Gentoo Foundation