From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Is this a bug?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:27:06
1 >targets/support/unmerge.sh
2 >targets/support/chroot-functions.sh (specifically run_emerge)
3
4 Thank you,
5
6 I noticed livecd-stage2 controller calls it, it's more of a portage doubt
7 now. Like, where does emerge look for existing packages? The documentation
8 doesn't mention any list of emerged packages (world isn't it), and the
9 ${ROOT} seems to be ok. I placed a few "ls" in unmerge.sh:
10
11 >>>Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
12 # Nelson - Showing clst root path
13 bin dev home media opt root sys usr
14 boot etc lib mnt proc sbin tmp var
15 # Nelson - Showing the root
16 bin dev home media opt root sys usr
17 boot etc lib mnt proc sbin tmp var
18 ROOT=/ emerge -pt -C sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
19 gnome-extra/gnome-games-extra-data gnome-extra/gnome-games
20 gnome-extra/evolution-data-server gnome-extra/evolution-webcal
21 mail-client/evolution
22
23 >>>These are the packages that would be unmerged:
24
25 --- Couldn't find 'sys-kernel/gentoo-sources' to unmerge.
26 etc.
27
28 If it was a weird directory naming problem like /livecd, it wouldn't emerge
29 either, since run_emerge is the same right ? ROOT is the only thing
30 changing, and it's ok. Has to be some environment thing I don't know that
31 changes before unmerging. Still reading the code. Thanks for your help!
32
34 Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
35 http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
38 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list