From: Kosta Todorovic <kostodo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] root_overlay
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 06:06:50
1 I cant seem to get the root_overlay to work.
2
3 In my livecd-stage2 spec I have:
4
5 livecd/root_overlay: /path/to/root_overlay/
6 #livecd/overlay: /path/to/overlay/
7
8 In /path/to/root_overlay/ as a test I have made a new directory in
9 /var/log/ called "test".
10
11 So I have /path/to/root_overlay/var/log/test.
12
13 Unfortunately this does not show up at all once the LiveCD is built.
14
15 Also there are many directories made in my livecd-stage1 built as
16 config/log files for the packages that I've emerged but these get
17 wiped out again once the livecd-stage2 is built.
18
19 Packages like Webmin which need /var/log/webmin or Snort which needs
20 /var/log/snort fail without these dirs (and without
21 re-configuration).
24 Whats the way around this?
25 I would like default configs and dirs from emerged livecd-stage1
26 packages to still be there once i've made the livecd-stage2 build.
29 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list