From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How do I get /dev entries onto a livecd image?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:12:21
1 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Hello again.
3 >
4 > I'm trying to get /dev/watchdog onto my CD. I'm using a squashfs fstype.
5 >
6 > The device is properly created by the kernel build stage, yet it doesn't
7 > end-up in the image. Seems the 'unbind' action unmounts /dev from the
8 > source before calling mksquashfs.
9 >
10 > Any ideas how to circumvent this problem?
11
12 /dev is managed by udev on the LiveCD, the same as a normal install. You'll have
13 to create a udev rule file that creates this device and add it to the LiveCD
14 with livecd/overlay.
17 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
18 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead