From: Andreas Rueckert <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] alsa in livecd stage1
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:55:32
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tuesday 11 October 2005 14:08, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4
5 --<snip>--
6
7 > > ??? How did you do this? When I add alsa-utils, alsa-drivers is also
8 > > included.
9 >
10 > Add some 2.6 kernel sources *before* your alsa-utils.
11
12 Took some time to test the stuff, since my machine is not that fast, but it's
13 indeed the order of the packages, that caused this problem.
14
15 ...
16 alsa-utils
17 gentoo-sources
18 ...
19
20 includes the alsa-drivers in stage1.
21
22 ...
23 gentoo-sources
24 alsa-utils
25 ...
26
27 works without the drivers. I sorted my packages alpha-numericly, so the alsa
28 was always before the kernel, which caused my problem.
29
30 Now I'll continue to figure out the dependencies.
31
32 Thanks a lot for your help!
33
34 Ciao,