From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] docstring standard
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 15:40:51
1 On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:21:10 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > would be good to dictate now considering docstring coverage is so low.
5 > personally i find the javadoc style to be unreadable and
6 > unpythonic ;), so i'd propose the style clearly documented here:
7 > https://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pyguide.html?showone=Comments#Comments
8 >
9 > i find it much easier to read at a glance. i've also written a pylint
10 > module that checks its syntax :).
11 > -mike
12
13 It looks nice, but is yet another style to learn for me (minor).
14 I have used the portage style in some new code, but the vast majority
15 of the code is without much of any good docstrings. So, yeah, now is
16 the time to decide, before it gets more difficult to change.
17
18 I'd like to hear from the others in releng.
21 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>