From: David Rault <nagtech.drault@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Newbie/starter guide ?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:12:12
1 Hi guys
2
3 i've been using gentoo for quite some time now but i'm totally new to
4 catalyst
5 i've dumped the livedvd image on a USB key and it works fine (with
6 persistence on secondary partition on the key)
7 but there are a few customisation i'd like to make (custom packages,
8 french locale, l10n for KDE, wifi settings/passkey for autostart...)
9 so i was considering building my own live distrib (on USB key)
10
11 yet i find it hard to get started (did not find many resources to get on
12 track)
13 * emerged catalyst
14 * read the man page
15 * checked out svn://anonsvn.gentoo.org/releng/trunk/releases/11.2
16 * browsed the catalyst page+FAQ on gentoo.org
17 * browsed/searched through the mail archives
18
19 is there :
20 - some docs somewhere else ?
21 - a script you guys might be using to perform autobuilds (and that might
22 prove useful) ?
23 - someone with a few minutes to write the few explanations needed to get
24 started (and understand what i'm doing)
25
26 right now i have a running system (clean install from last week!), a
27 freshly baked catalyst (2.0.6.918) and the official 11.2 spec files from svn
28
29 i guess the logical/easiest testrun would be to try and build the
30 official live myself before customising my own
31
32 thanks for your advice
33
34 David