From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst as non-root
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:28:42
1 Hi!
2
3 I'd like to use catalyst as non-root user. I tried with fakeroot
4 (1.7) and i get the following errors:
5
6 tar: ./dev/tty42: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
7 ...
8 tar: ./dev/ttywa: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
9 tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
10 ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
11 preloaded: ignor
12 ed.
13 ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
14 preloaded: ignor
15 ed.
16 ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
17 preloaded: ignor
18 ed.
19
20 Any idea what i can do to get it running?
21
22 Did anybody else try running catalyst as non-root and can give me
23 hints on how to do it?
24
25 Thanks,
26 Philipp