From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:45:52
1 How are the modules to be included in the initrd computed?
2
3 I'm seeing something strange where some of the modules in the real
4 filesystem version of the /lib/modules/.../drivers/scsi are missing from
5 the initrd filesystem version of the same directory; in particular one
6 of the drivers for my SATA disks (ata_piix) is not there. Others are
7 missing as well.
10 It's genkernel that's doing this, right? I'm trying to follow along in
11 the gen_initrd.sh script but I can't quite see what it's doing WRT
12 modules.
13
14 Any hints?
18 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools
19 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
21 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
22 --
23 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list