From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: "Kessler, Paul" <kessler@×××××××××××××.us>
Cc: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Timed Login
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:50:52
1 On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 15:38 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > Just wondering how you managed to do a timed login with gdm as root?
3 > Did you tweak pam to allow it in the fsscript? If so mind sharing? I
4 > was considering just putting in a exec startx in a .profile for root,
5 > but that wouldn’t check for a network login if you happened to ssh in
6 > or something.
7
8 I always recommend using livecd/type: generic-livecd, as this will
9 automatically setup root's .bashrc to exec startx (once only). If you
10 use livecd/users: foo, then the CD will auto-start X as user foo.
11
12 As for the auto-login on the LiveCD, I just used "sed" to edit the
13 gdm.conf via my fsscript. However, I highly recommend against using
14 *any* livecd/type that begins with gentoo-* as they are known to be
15 modified heavily between catalyst releases, as I add more defaults for
16 specific Gentoo media.
17
18 I'm sending this to the list, since there's no need to send questions
19 like this to me directly, and also so others can see the answer.
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux