From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Unknown option --postconf
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:43:10
1 On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 14:10 +0000, Eric Edgar wrote:
2 > please use catalyst 1.1.10.4 as this fixes this issue.
3 >
4 > postconf has gone away. You can move the items out of postconf and put
5 > them under the packages directive.
6
7 Also guys, a point to remember. You *cannot* recreate an old release
8 unless you use the *exact* same versions of pretty much everything.
9 Same catalyst, same genkernel, same snapshot. We continually make
10 progress, so pulling up a spec file set from more than a 3 months ago is
11 very likely to no longer work with the newer tools. The specs are
12 really there as a starting point and a guide, to be used along with the
13 spec templates you get from USE="doc" to allow you to see what options
14 are available to you and what options you want to change. In some
15 cases, we change the tools immediately after the release. We tend to
16 not break functionality before a release, and tend to make all of our
17 drastic changes immediately following... :P
18
19 I'll go ahead and tell you, as rocket said, postconf has gone away. If
20 you use catalyst 1.1.10.4, it'll take care of it for you and give you a
21 nice big warning. Also, you will *not* be able to install both ipw2100
22 and ipw2200 at the same time. I'm telling you this now, as I'm sure
23 that'll end up being the next thing you ask... :P
24
25 You might also want to check the archives for this list, as there are
26 questions that many first time catalyst users ask that are already
27 answered quite well in the list.
28
29 Thanks and have fun using catalyst!
32 Chris Gianelloni