From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:47:58
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 12:36 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > %% Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > cg> Merging catalyst takes about 30 seconds. The simple truth is that
5 > cg> most bugs you're going to run across in older catalyst versions
6 > cg> will be fixed in these pre-releases. They really are more stable
7 > cg> than the current stable versions, as you can see, we've gone
8 > cg> through quite a few of the _pre versions of both catalyst and
9 > cg> genkernel, working out all the bugs we found.
10 >
11 > Yep. It's not the time needed to do it but the potential for
12 > instability.
13
14 Like I said, they're more stable and probably better tested than
15 catalyst 1.1.9 or genkernel 3.1.6, since both were rushed out before the
16 last release. These have been in testing across multiple architectures
17 over the past 2 months, and will likely be coming out of a _pre state
18 and directly to stable in the next day or so.
19
20 > However, I've updated these now and I'll see how it goes...
23 Chris Gianelloni
25 Games - Developer
26 Gentoo Linux