From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Installing to the HD?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:30:26
1 On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 15:59 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > Does anyone have any pointers or docs on installing a complete system
3 > onto the HD? After I make a partition and a filesystem do I just copy
4 > the contents of the livecd over with "cp -a" or similar? I guess I need
5 > to install an MBR... and configure/install GRUB too I suppose?
6
7 cp -a would work fine...
8
9 > Is there some part of catalyst or other Gentoo package that already does
10 > this kind of thing I could look at?
11
12 Nope.
15 Chris Gianelloni
17 Games - Developer