From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] perl-cleaner during stage4?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 02:09:40
1 On 06/22/2010 08:55 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm building another stage4, and since perl was updated I needed to
5 > run perl-cleaner --all-modules for modules to be found by other
6 > ebuilds. Since the package (e.g. Archive-Zip) was already installed
7 > (just against older perl version) the dependency didn't trigger a
8 > rebuild.
9 >
10 > I hacked perl-cleaner into stage4-chroot.sh, but maybe there is a
11 > better way to do it?
12 >
13 > I guess the same question goes also for python and python-updater.
16 > //Peter
19 The proper way to do it is build your own stage 1, 2, and 3 along with the stage
20 4, all with the same snapshot, so that you don't have "upgrades".
23 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
24 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead