From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Recent changes to my rewite branch
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 20:35:22
1 On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 12:48:13PM -0700, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > I've updated my rewrite with the other changes to master since I did
3 > started the rewrite branch. Some commits were just cherry-picked
4 > across, some needed minor editing to suit.
5
6 In other projects I'm involved in, the preferred approach is to rebase
7 the feature branch onto the current master. The problem with cherry
8 picking master advances onto your feature branch is that anyone else
9 with feature branches based on the current master will have to rebase
10 *their* feature branches to keep up with your branch. If the person
11 proposing the changes does the rebasing, that's only a single branch
12 that has to be rebased, which scales better ;).
13
14 Cheers,
15 Trevor
18 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).