From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] A question about useflag interpretation order
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:52:21
1 Frittella Laurento wrote:
2 > It seems that during the livecd-stage1 build the "global" useflags
3 > (livecd/use) are read *after* the useflags defined in package.use file
4 > (in portage_confdir directory).
5 >
6 > Is this a normal behavior or (as I think) they should be read in the
7 > inverse order (like in the "regular" portage)?
8 >
9 > I would add a -* in the livecd/use and then enable some ebuild-specific
10 > useflag using package.use file.
11
12 This is a known issue. The flags in livecd/use are given to portage by defining
13 USE in the env instead of in /etc/make.conf like "regular" portage. By default,
14 variables defined in the environment override things defined elsewhere for
15 portage. Work is already in progress to fix this, but it may be a while.
18 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
19 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
20 Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus"
21 --
22 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list