From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] who all is working on a Catalyst HOWTO?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:23:42
1 On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 20:02 +0100, Michael Kohl wrote:
2 > [Sorry John, this should have gone to the list.]
3 >
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:36:12 -0500
7 > John Davis <zhen@g.o> wrote:
8 >
9 > > Just wanted to see who all is working on a Catalyst HOWTO.
10 >
11 > I have just finished an article about Catalyst for the German Linux
12 > Magazin, and have been talking to Chris about updating some of the
13 > Catalyst related docs in January. I think he was mainly talking about
14 > the Reference Manual, but he also mentioned that a good HOWTO would be
15 > nice.
16 >
17 > Cheers,
20 Well, the reference manual needs updated for sure. As for the HOWTO, its
21 one of those things that I started, abandoned, then unlinked because it
22 was a disgrace to the world ;)
23
24 I know that no one on the releng team really has the time to write a
25 HOWTO themselves, so we are looking to the community for help on this
26 one.
27
28 Cheers,
29 //John
30 --
31 John Davis <zhen@g.o>
32 The Gentoo Foundation
33 Trustee | Release Engineering Manager | Catalyst code monkey
34
35 ---
36 "When people learn no tools of judgement and merely follow their hopes,
37 the seeds of political manipulation are sown"
38 - Stephen Jay Gould