From: Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Little help building stage3 (Can't locate Tie/Hash.pm building autoconf-2.65-r1)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:45:46
1 Hey people,
2
3 a little bit more than two years ago I built a catalyst-based stage4 for a
4 server cluster and have been able to manage everything and upgrade
5 everything in an very automated way and very organized way, thanks to
6 Catalyst (and cfengine). Every time I want to upgrade my system I just
7 create another stage4 based of the last one, but with a newer snapshot, get
8 the binary packages from the cache and upgrade my cluster with them. Even
9 kernel upgrades goes nicely with the right scripts.
10
11 A lot have changed since July 2008 in Gentoo, some of the changes made it
12 difficult to maintain the upgrade cycle of my old stage4 and I had to start
13 over, make a new stage4 and reinstall everything. It is good to have a fresh
14 start anyway.
15
16 My problem is that I`m not able to build a stage3 because of a problem
17 emerging autoconf-2.65-r1.
18
19 This is useful info: http://pastebin.com/YjddiQwh
20 And this is the build log: http://pastebin.com/Em8fyRyT
21 This is my stage 1, 2 and 3 files: http://pastebin.com/bkcuGaP7
22
23 Tie/Hash.pm is available on my old Perl 5.8.8 installation but it doesn't
24 appear to be on Perl 5.12.2. So, when building a new stage3 Perl 5.8.8 is
25 not getting there and I think this is the cause of the problem. I think it
26 is very easy to reproduce the problem.
27
28 The stage1 build failed as well, but when I did a catalyst -a -f stage1.spec
29 after the failure, the build finished correctly, so I didn`t want to search
30 for the root cause.
31
32 Thank you very much for any help.
33