From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Is this a bug?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:10:18
1 On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 10:09 -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > This is a known bug with the currently stable version of genkernel in the tree.
3 > For the release, we've got a newer version marked stable. You can either mark
4 > the newer version stable in your snapshot or remove --unionfs-dev from
5 > 'livecd/gk_mainargs' in your livecd-stage2 spec file.
6
7 People using --unionfs-dev should be shot in the face at close range
8 with a nail gun. It specifically states that it is broken and for
9 developer-use only. It is known to be completely buggy and only works
10 when using the exact versions used by Release Engineering. I'll likely
11 be removing this functionality entirely from genkernel simply because
12 I'm tired of the bug reports caused by it after I've stated it isn't
13 ready for use by pretty much anyone but myself. ;]
14
15 I should state that explicitly.
16
17 "If your name is not Chris Gianelloni and you do not have commit access
18 to the genkernel repository, you should not be using --unionfs-dev for
19 any reason. If you do, don't file bugs. The real Chris Gianelloni
20 won't support you on them and will likely be pissed off by your blatant
21 impersonation attempts."
22
23 That should do it. :P
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
28 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
29 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
30 Gentoo Foundation