From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:53:07
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 09:45 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > How are the modules to be included in the initrd computed?
3 >
4 > I'm seeing something strange where some of the modules in the real
5 > filesystem version of the /lib/modules/.../drivers/scsi are missing from
6 > the initrd filesystem version of the same directory; in particular one
7 > of the drivers for my SATA disks (ata_piix) is not there. Others are
8 > missing as well.
11 > It's genkernel that's doing this, right? I'm trying to follow along in
12 > the gen_initrd.sh script but I can't quite see what it's doing WRT
13 > modules.
14
15 genkernel's /usr/share/genkernel/$arch/modules_load
16
17 I recommend unmasking the latest genkernel 3.2.0_pre version and using
18 that, as it will be going stable shortly. I also recommend doing the
19 same with the masked version of catalyst.
20
21 I *NEED* testers for these, as I plan on them going stable before 2005.1
22 is released and I would love to resolve as many bugs in them as
23 possible.
26 Chris Gianelloni
28 Games - Developer
29 Gentoo Linux