From: C S <nd_stew@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst vs Knoppix Confusion
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:15:14
1 I'm so close to dumping my Fedora... and have spent
2 literally hours looking at Catalyst and Gentoo
3 Live-CD's and their threads.
4
5 This is what I want. A remasterable "Knoppix like" CD
6 for which I can build my own CD distro. I've loaded
7 2004.3 and 2005.0 just to discover each a
8 "Installation like" CD. I DO NOT WANT AN INSTALLATION
9 LIVE-CD. How do I make this leap with Gentoo? From
10 my surfin it looks like Catalyst should handle it.
11
12 There's a lot of threads on this... yet kindof
13 inconclusive. The best hack I've found if I can't
14 make Catalyst work is:
15
16 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244837&highlight=catalyst
17
18 I prefer the "official" method, but what is it? Can
19 anyone point me to the best Catalyst or Non-Catalyst
20 Howto for such Gentoo Live-CD's? I'll even write it!
21
22 And be gentle, I'm a Gentoo Newbie!
23
24 TIA,
25
26 cs
31 Do you Yahoo!?
32 Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.
33 http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
34 --
35 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list