From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@××××.pt>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] RFC: Feature wish list (catalyst/genkernel)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:48:27
1 Hi,
2
3 Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
4
5 > This also allows us greater flexibility in making
6 > changes that would otherwise not be accepted within Gentoo.
7 What are the planned changes, and what are the issues?
8
9 > I, also, hope to try to move out some of the supporting files for specific
10 > support (like lvm, dmraid, etc.) into their own modules. (...) The idea is to make it much easier to test new features, since the code will be isolated and modular. We recognize that getting new features
11 > into genkernel (especially) and catalyst has been difficult, at times,
12 > especially during Gentoo release cycles, when several releases could be
13 > made a day for both genkernel and catalyst.
14
15 (pretty much what I wanted to suggest in bug #189849, for the same
16 reasons actually :p)
17
18 Cheers