From: Artanin <artanin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD Stage 2 Question
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:19:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I am working on setting up a custom livecd. Right now I am just trying
4 to get the image to build correctly for the first time. Right now I am
5 working on the livecd-stage2, and I am getting an error with genkernel.
6 I have pulled the config file for the kernel off a running 2005.0 livecd
7 (/proc/config.gz > ftp'ed), and working with the 2005.0 templates. I am
8 working out of a /catalyst directory, so all included spec files are
9 working off that assumption. I have so far had to edit the stage1 fstab
10 to remove an error about not being able to mount /boot, as well as had
11 to add "sys-kernel/gentoo-sources" to package.keywords and
12 package.unmask. I also have to run catalyst with 'ARCH="x86" catalyst
13 -f blah.spec' or I get an error saying that ARCH is undefined.
14 Included with this is my stage1 and stage2 specs, the last log of
15 catalyst stage 2 build, and the kernel config I pulled. Any help would
16 be much appreciated. This work is being done on behalf of a nonprofit
17 project that requires a type of re imaging capability and we do not have
18 money to buy ghost proper, so we are going to be creative and simulate
19 it. Right now I need to be able to get a default livecd working before
20 I can put my overlays onto of it. I am familiar with Linux, just have
21 never tried to build a LiveCD before.
24 Thanks
25
26 Eric Ireland

livecd-ghost-stage1_template.spec text/plain
livecd-ghost-stage2_template.spec text/plain
typescript application/octet-stream
config text/plain