From: John Howard <jhh@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Pre- and post- kmerge mismatch in generic-stage-target.py
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:20:11
1 Greetings,
2
3 I have been reading through the Catalyst scripts in an effort to
4 understand how to build a liveCD, and have come across something
5 suspicious. The code in generic-stage-target.py:
6
7 # execute the script that cleans up the kernel build environment
8 cmd("/bin/bash "+self.settings["controller_file"]+" post-
9 kmerge ",\
10 "Runscript post-kmerge failed",env=self.env)
11
12 appears to fall within the "for kname in mynames:" loop, but the
13 corresponding pre-kmerge step is outside of that loop. This wouldn't
14 cause problems in when only one kernel is being built, but might
15 cause problems with more than one. Or I might be wrong in thinking
16 that the pre- and post-kmerge steps should match up; if so please
17 enlighten me.
18
19 Hope this is useful,
20 John Howard