From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Auto login
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:51:00
1 On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 19:37 +0200, Wolfgang Müller wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Thanks for all your work.
5 >
6 > I am currently trying to get catalyst working in order to demo some of the
7 > work done in our group using kool live CDs :-D . After some tries, I have
8 > finally gotten through to the point that my live cd (directly derived from
9 > stage 2) boots. However, it does not automatically login, and as there is no
10 > password for getting in, I do not get as far as I would like to. Could anyone
11 > point me to where to fix this?
12
13 Well, you're going to need to give us a *lot* more information.
14
15 What version of catalyst did you use to build your CD?
16 What version of genkernel is in your snapshot? (yeah, it doesn't really
17 matter, but we fixed so many bugs recently, that if you're using
18 anything older, you're missing out)
19 What version of livecd-tools?
20 What livecd/type did you use in your livecd-stage2?
21
22 Please quit calling livecd-stage2 a "stage2". A stage2 is a specific
23 target, post-bootstrap. I only say this because we are likely to be
24 adding more targets in the future, and it really is a pain in the ass to
25 try to guess what someone means, when they could easily type 7 more
26 letters... =]
27
28 Anyway, the CD should be setup to auto-login on all available consoles,
29 so something has either gone wrong, or you've removed a critical
30 component.
33 Chris Gianelloni
35 Games - Developer
36 Gentoo Linux