From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] TEST REQUEST: catalyst-2.0_rc50
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:59:06
1 This should be the last release candidate of catalyst before 2.0 is
2 made. I plan on leaving 2.0 in package.mask for a few days after I
3 release it, simply to give people more time to notice the warning
4 messages that 2.0_rc50 will give. The reason for this is simple. This
5 is the last version of catalyst that will use a different SLOT for
6 installing. The final catalyst 2.0 version will completely supersede
7 catalyst 1.x entirely, and catalyst 1.x will be removed from the tree
8 once 2.0 goes stable. This also means that I have a good bit of work
9 ahead of me to get the online documentation fixed before 2.0 goes
10 stable.
11
12 Anyway, I would appreciate it if everyone who has been using catalyst
13 will test this newer version as soon as possible and report any bugs you
14 find immediately so I can expedite getting 2.0 to a final state.
15
16 Thanks,
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead