From: Scott Biddlestone <sbiddlestone@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] changing inittab
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:01:59
1 If you installed livecd-tools, the inittab is overwritten by
2 /sbin/livecd-functions.sh when the cd boots ( it is backed up to
3 inittab.old ). One way to fix it is to modify the script by creating
4 a new livecd-tools ebuild in your portage overlay - copy the current
5 ebuild and just add the patch to it.
6
7 -Scott
8
9 Nelson Batalha wrote:
10 > I believe you can overwrite it in the overlay or you can do "equery
11 > belongs /etc/inittab" in your own system to discover it belongs to
12 > sys-apps/sysvinit, so you can change that too.
13 >
14 > Joshua Hoblitt escreveu:
15 >
16 >> Hi Folks,
17 >>
18 >> I'm attempting to generate an amd64 livecd that starts up a tty on a
19 >> serial port. So I want to do is add the line
20 >> "s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 115200 ttyS0 vt100" to the /etc/inittab.
21 >> The trouble is, I can't figure out exactly where iniitab is coming from.
22 >> Where does catalyst get /etc/inittab from? Is it direct from the stage1
23 >> seed? How should I go about modifying it?
24 >>
25 >> Thanks,
28 >> -J
29 >>