From: Mick Reed <oregon.mick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] RFC: Feature wish list (catalyst/genkernel)I am a big fan of both projects
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 04:55:25
1 I am a big fan of both projects, although I have yet to master either.
2 For genkernel, I would like to see perhaps a directory structure set up to
3 build for multiple targets, each with its own directory and configs. This is
4 also how I imagine using catalyst, although I have yet to really understand
5 the structure of it either. Mostly, I haven't had the time to learn it yet.
6
7 Also for genkernel, does it actually build all of (busybox, device-mapper,
8 lvm, etc) and where would we specify the use flags, configs for each of
9 those? It would be really slick to have a sort of spec file for these, as
10 there is for catalyst. This would assist the multiple target system.
11
12 If these are obvious and I haven't RTFM yet, then just ignore them, I'll catch
13 up soon.
14
15 I am interested in helping with documentation. I'm a good technical writer
16 and generally interested in catalyst and genkernel's future. I'll be lurking
17 around.
18
19 Thanks!
20 Mick Reed