From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:55:14
1 Thank you Chris Gianelloni,
2
3 I'll take your word on the difficulty of solving that, but here's (what
4 looks like) a few simple things to implement in the next release, if you
5 agree, and unless they can be achieved equivalently (and easily) already.
6 -I'm using catalyst only for 3 days now, but I think not-
7
8 add a --pretend option to catalyst so when in the livecdstage1 target it
9 would do what it usually does but launch emerge -pv instead, afterwards
10 leaving the build to be resumed later (it had to require the resume option
11 on the config).
12
13 Just a simple way to know the use flags and packages being emerged
14 (currently only the last appear briefly in the screen without the flags, you
15 can always just add --pretend to the current emerge code, but it wouldn't be
16 neat if one didn't want to continue the emerge => ctrl+c).
17
18 I would also like something like "--chroot" that would get me chrooted in
19 the moment before the livecd packages emerge so I could figure out problems
20 more easily.
21
22 Anyone thinks these are a bad idea?
23
24 Cheers,
25 Nelson
26
28 Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
29 http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
32 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list