From: Eli Ben-Shoshan <linkages@×××.edu>
To: Mike B <mikeybs@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:06:24
1 I had this same problem. The problem is that the stage1-preclean2-chroot.sh does
2 not select a gcc profile correctly since newer version of gcc now have more than
3 one profile installed in /etc/env.d/gcc.
4
5 What I have done is simply add the following to the top of stage2-chroot.sh in
6 /usr/lib/catalyst/targets/stage2:
7
8 # For some reason the stage1-preclean2-chroot.sh script
9 # does not setup gcc correctly
10 # so we do it here.
11 # Lets set a sane gcc
12 /usr/bin/gcc-config `ls -1 /etc/env.d/gcc | head -n1`
13
14 Now I know this is an ugly hack but it will at least choose the first gcc
15 profile alphabetically and it will continue the stage build. I just made this
16 change earlier today and I am building a new stage2 right now. If it finishes
17 I'll post another message letting you all know if it finished. I am very
18 confident that it will.
19