From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o, fuzzyray@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] patch, fix broken seed stage update
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 02:42:24
1 On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2013-02-26 at 20:40 -0500, W. Trevor King wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 05:30:40PM -0800, Brian Dolbec wrote:
4 >> > My aim for now is to debug the hell out of it, to stabilize all the
5 >> > existing changes, BEFORE doing a ton more changes. That will also give
6 >> > me more experience in how catalyst is used, possibly ideas how to change
7 >> > it for the better. I'll fix the doc's generation and make a setup.py
8 >> > and new 9999 ebuild.
9 >>
10 >> I'm not suggesting additional changes on top of yours, I'm suggesting
11 >> new ones underneath yours, or alternatives to your current series. It
12 >> seems a shame to spend time testing a work in progress, since you'll
13 >> probably want to re-test the final form before merging. I'm trying to
14 >> help polish your series down before we invest a lot of time testing.
17 > NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( not more rebasing I spent
18 > several days just tracking down and fixing rebase errors. Fix a few,
19 > that in turn caused more errors...
20
21 Rebasing can be annoying, but isn't inherently difficult. Typically
22 you don't rebase until you're ready for others to review and commit
23 them.
24
25 I'm curious if you know how to use interactive rebase to apply fix-ups
26 to commits? If not, I'll be happy to walk you through it. It greatly
27 simplifies the workflow.