From: js <forums@××××.be>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Make liveCD how to
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:57:58
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've been looking in to how to make my own livecd based upon the gentoo
4 livecd's 2005.
5 For what i've found there is a tool named catalyst which enables me to
6 do so.
7 What I want to do is to keep the current x86 livecd's as they are, add
8 some binaries and some self made scripts.
9 I've been looking through the documentation provided with catalyst but I
10 must say that I can't figure out how to begin doing this.
11 The documentation is helpfull when you allready know how to work with
12 catalyst my opinion. The /usr/share/docs directory contains some
13 examples, but they are examples for what?
14
15 Can I download a gentoo 2005.1-r1 bootcd iso and add software to it with
16 the catalyst tool?
17 Do I need to have a freshly installed clean gentoo to make a new bootcd?
18 Does catalyst produce a new iso file or something similar,
19
20 I was hoping if someone could jumpstart me with this.
23 Greetings,
24
25 Jelle
28 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list