From: Andreas Rueckert <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] alsa in livecd stage1
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:15:52
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tuesday 11 October 2005 14:55, Kessler, Paul wrote:
4 > My stage 1 spec file use and package sections are exactly as follows:
5 > livecd/use: -* livecd ncurses readline X gnome bitmap-fonts gif
6 > gstreamer gtk alsa
7 >
8 > livecd/packages: baselayout livecd-tools gentoo-sources gnome
9 > app-admin/sudo pwgen alsa-utils gdm-themes
10
11 Thanks a lot for your help. We have a _lot_ more packages here, so things take
12 a bit to sort out. I move most of the X-related stuff to stage2 now, try to
13 get things going and then move it step by step back to stage1 until something
14 breaks.
15
16 > In my .config file for the kernel (gentoo-sources 2.6.12-gentoo-r10) I
17 > have:
18 >
19 > # Advanced Linux Sound Archetecture
20 > #
21 > CONFIG_SND=m
22 > CONFIG_SND_TIMER=M
23 > CONFIG_SND_PCM=m
24 > CONFIG_SND_HWDEP=m
25 > CONFIG_SND_RAWMIDI=m
26 > CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER=m
27 > CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL=m
28 > CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS=m
29 > CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS=m
30
31 I use the alsa driver package, so these modules shouldn't be required as I see
32 it, right? This config is not used in stage1 anyway, so the stage1 problem
33 cannot depend on this kernel config.
34
35 > I am not doing anything special and not using any hacks in my stage 2
36 > for this to work.
37
38 The 'hack' is for stage1, since the author wanted to keep alsa there...
39
40 > Actually it is based off of what I read in the Gentoo
41 > Wiki on setting up Alsa. I am not sure why you are getting the
42 > alsa-driver package emerged when you add the alsa-utils, I'll have to
43 > think on that a bit. I am using the alsa-utils-1.0.9a.ebuild, the
44 > dependencies for it are ncurses, dialog, and alsa-lib-1.0.9.
45
46 I know. I tried to follow all the dependencies, but lost track in all those
47 packages I use.
48
49 Will continue to work it out.
50