From: "Andreas Rückert" <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some thoughts about NVIDIA and GPL issue...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:18:30
1 Hi!
2
3 -------- Original-Nachricht --------
4 Datum: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:14:56 +0200
5 Von: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
6 An: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
7 Betreff: [gentoo-catalyst] Some thoughts about NVIDIA and GPL issue...
8
9 --<snip>--
10
11 > I am thinking about a solution:
12 > What about an init script runned before x-setup, that ask if you wanna use
13 > those driver?
14 > If yes, it will emerge nvidia or ati driver; if not it will pass by...
15
16 You know, we have a similar problem with the Fritz USB WLan driver. Problem is, that
17 it's required to establish a network connection. So we have no network without the driver, which makes it
18 hard to emerge it later... :-)
19 Maybe add it via a separate CD, or so...?
20
21 Ciao,
22 Andreas
27 "Feel free" – 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...
28 Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail
29 --
30 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list