From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Live Distro for GFOSS meeting
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:02:32
1 Thx for your help!
2 Ok, i'll use gnome and all portage package, but can i use masked one?
3 Thx
4 Luca
5
6 Alle 21:08, mercoledì 19 aprile 2006, Chris Gianelloni ha scritto:
7 > On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 20:00 +0200, Luca Casagrande wrote:
8 > > Hi guys!
9 > > I am a Gentoo user since 2 years; for a meeting about GIS and OSS, i need
10 > > to build a Live Distro to show some software.
11 > > My colleagues told me to use knoppix and related distro, but i'd like to
12 > > create with Gentoo. This distro should:
13 > > Use KDE and use some softwares that is not in portage.
14 > >
15 > > Do you think that catalyst is the right chose for me?
16 >
17 > No. *Unless* you plan on writing ebuilds for everything that isn't in
18 > portage and you're willing to write up your own fsscript for hacking up
19 > the KDE stuff, since catalyst (at present) only has proper support for
20 > using gdm as a display manager. Of course, you could use gdm with KDE,
21 > but that would be kinda scary. ;]
24 "E' molto più bello sapere qualcosa di tutto, che tutto di una cosa (Blaise
25 Pascal)."
26
27 GENTOO-GIS Development Team
28 jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it