From: Andreas Rueckert <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Auto Login
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:32:17
1 Hi!
2
3 On Friday 09 September 2005 21:05, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4
5 --<snip>--
6
7 > Here's what I do:
8 >
9 > echo "[Desktop]" > /home/gentoo/.dmrc
10 > echo "Session=gnome" >> /home/gentoo/.dmrc
11 > chown -R 1000:100 /home/gentoo
12 >
13 > Remember that session managers do *not* read .xinitrc, but read .dmrc
14 > instead. I honestly don't know why it doesn't work as it is supposed
15 > to, but I do know that this solution works.
16
17 Kinda OT, but somewhat related: does anyone a trick to wait for a USB event,
18 before the user is logged in? I'd like to identify a user via USB stick or
19 maybe chipcard, before he is logged in.
20
21 TIA,
22 Andreas
23 --