From: "Rafael Ávila de Espíndola" <rafael.espindola@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] unmounting a filesystem mounted by /init (initramfs)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:37:12
1 > We have no intentions on building support for unionfs for a non-CD
2 > build. It simply does not belong in the initramfs *at all* if it isn't
3 > for a CD. This is the reason we're removing the support, so we can
4 > build support that is CD-only properly and also so that proper support
5 > can be added to the init system for any non-CD unionfs.
6 I know that you wmant unionfs for cd only
7
8 Now, what I asked some emails ago is:
9 Given that adding /memory during the init stage makes it hard to unmount it,
10 what do you think about doing that in /sbin/rc?
11 This is a problem that IS present in a CD boot with unionfs.
12
13 Rafael