From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] I need generic solution to package non-building uder catalyst...
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:30:10
1 lin pro wrote:
2 > This time it is about help2man requiring Locale_gettext pearl
3 > module package.
4 > The message in itself is very simple and clear. There is no
5 > dev-utils/Locale_gettex available for emerge durring the configure
6 > phase.
7
8 At first that might seem like a bug in the help2man ebuild.
9
10 However,
11
12 RDEPEND="dev-lang/perl
13 elibc_glibc? ( nls? (
14 dev-perl/Locale-gettext
15 ) )"
16
17 ..the dependency looks fine, meaning that dev-perl/Locale-gettext
18 is in fact installed on your system.
19
20 The problem may be that perl has been upgraded, perhaps as a result
21 of using a newer portage tree for the stage4 than the stage3 was
22 built with, but perl modules haven't been upgraded to be availble in
23 the new version of perl.
24
25 Either chroot into the stage4 temp dir as already described, or hack
26 the catalyst stage4-chroot.sh script to run perl-cleaner --all right
27 after run_merge -uav system.
30 > My question is hwo to tacke those problems from within catalyst.
31
32 Avoid the problem by building a full set of stage1, stage2, stage3
33 and stage4 using only one specific portage tree.
36 //Peter