From: "Cédric Caron" <ccaron@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-catalyst] cross compilling for arm cpu
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 21:02:31
1 > Using qemu is not really crosscompiling, IMHO...although i agree its easier.
2
3 I use qemu for python and shell scripts but c and c++ are really cross compiled using distcc to call x86 cross compiler.
4
5 It is probably possible to temporary add x86 binaries to replace some of the tools user but this will require more work.
6
7 And I plan to test distcc pump mode to do more native processing.
8
9 With this solution I am already compiling arm code faster and with more memory and storage available than on my Raspberry Pi