From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Generic stage1 and glibc
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:58:42
1 On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 14:43 -0400, John Eckhart wrote:
2 > Thanks, that helps. I am also seeing another build error when
3 > building nano for the stage 1. It appears that the stage2 and stage3
4 > seeds from 2006.1 are built without unicode support in ncurses, yet nano
5 > is trying to build with unicode.
6
7 Yep. That was actually a "bug" in 2006.1 which I have since fixed.
8
9 > I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or it's because I am using the
10 > latest portage snapshot, etc. If the problem has to do with the snapshot
11 > then I can think of a few ways to fix it: add -unicode to the nano use
12 > flags, pull the unicode nano requirement when USE="build", add a command
13 > in the stage1-chroot.sh to update the seed and rebuild curses with unicode.
14
15 None of the above. Simply modify your seed stage. Unpack it, chroot,
16 update ncurses, repack the tarball, and enjoy.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
23 Gentoo Foundation