From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: Re: Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:50:40
1 On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 12:58 -0400, Christophe PEREZ wrote:
2 > Le Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:50:42 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
3 >
4 > > Actually, you said that you have DISTDIR pointed to somewhere else?
5
6 > Actualy (build running), I have exactly :
7
8 <snip>
9
10 I don't care. It is pointed somewhere else, yes? It doesn't matter
11 where it is pointed, so long as it is somewhere else, which is why I
12 asked if you had it pointed somewhere else, not where it was pointed. ;]
13
14 > > Can you also try mounting the portage tree to your /usr/portage
15 > > directory.
16 >
17 > I never thought to do that. I always mounted only distfiles
18
19 Doesn't matter.
20
21 > > The reason that I say this is because of bug #88488
22 > > (http://bugs.gentoo.org/88488).
23 >
24 > ok.
25
26 That bug says this:
27
28 Catalyst it broken.
29
30 If the distfiles directory is *not* located at /usr/portage/distfiles,
31 then it won't work. It doesn't care how it gets there. Bind mounts,
32 direct mounts, NFS mounts. Catalyst simply doesn't care.
33
34 However, until the bug is fixed, it needs to be located there.
37 Chris Gianelloni
39 Games - Developer
40 Gentoo Linux