From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] GSoC: Create a Web-based Gentoo image builder
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:21:34
1 Eugen Serban wrote:
2 > I would like to approach this idea for the GSoC 2009.
3
4 That's an interesting idea.
7 > Can anyone help with some "how to"s or a forum or something like
8 > that where I can learn more about Catalyst?
9
10 Not really.
13 > I am not very familiar with it.
14
15 You should start using it. Build five or ten stages. Pick a hardware
16 that you want to build for, and start from the example stage spec
17 files installed together with catalyst.
18
19 You will need good knowledge and understanding of Gentoo, portage,
20 USE flags and so on, to quickly absorb most of what catalyst is
21 about.
24 //Peter