From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst2 and unionfs
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:50:12
1 On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 01:05 +0200, hostmaster@×××××××.at wrote:
2 > :(( Would make live easier for fully featured livecd's ;)
3
4 Yes, but catalyst 2 has also been feature frozen for a while now...
5 mostly because we don't want it to be like portage-ng and never get
6 released because we keep adding features and never take the time to say
7 "no" so we can finalize what we have.
8
9 The main catalyst 2 developer (rocket) has "played" with unionfs. I've
10 not touched it, at all. We also have zero use for it on official Gentoo
11 releases, so it isn't exactly a high priority. Most likely, it would be
12 something added within the catalyst 2.0 release cycle, but not
13 immediately available, simply because neither rocket nor myself know
14 much about it and therefore can't rush in an implementation. It will
15 probably have to wait for the first catalyst 2.0 release to be out so
16 someone can build a patch.
17
18 Personally, I see no use for it, so I don't see myself taking the time
19 to learn it just so I can add it. That being said, we always welcome
20 patches. ;]
23 Chris Gianelloni
25 Games - Developer
26 Gentoo Linux