From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] GNAP in Google SoC
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:49:32
1 On Friday 06 July 2007, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Philipp Riegger wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 13:45 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 > >>> I'm working on the GSoC project which aims at enabling gnap builds
5 > >>
6 > >> on
7 > >>
8 > >>> non-x86 and which enables cross-compiling for gnap. I did not work
9 > >>> that much on the last point so far, since i'd like to know what is
10 > >>> already done, first.
11 > >>>
12 > >>> So... How's the status on this one?
13 > >>
14 > >> What is the status of what? Cross-compiling?
15 > >
16 > > I was talking about the status of vapiers' cross compile patches for
17 > > catalyst. I talked to him since and he said he would file a bug with the
18 > > patches. Catalyst should be able to cross cmpile stage1 he said, only
19 > > not all stage1 packages work with cross compilation.
20 > >
21 > > I'm still waiting for the bug.
22 >
23 > Vapier's original cross-compilation patches to catalyst from 6 months or so
24 > ago only added the foundation for cross-compiling and none of the guts,
25 > afaict. He has been pretty busy lately, and none of the catalyst devs
26 > really have any idea what he was intending or the time/inclination to work
27 > on it ourselves. If you require catalyst cross-compiling functionality for
28 > your SoC project, you'd better start working on it yourself or just give up
29 > on your project :)
30
31 what he's referring to is me dragging my feet
32 -mike

catalyst-relative-paths.patch text/x-diff