From: Colleen Josephson <cjoseph@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD: Unpacking Firmware
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:26:10
1 When drivers load in the system (I guess you have hardware drivers
2
3 > built as modules, as opposed to built-in to the kernel?) they will
4 > start exercising their respective hardware devices.
7 Actually, I've been troubleshooting from the livecd. I guess one of the
8 modules it loads causes this.
11 > It could be something simpler as well, some signals that are simply
12 > being coupled onto analog output.
13 >
14 > To say any more you need to find which driver is causing this. Mike's
15 > advice is the start; find out which drivers coldplugging loads, then
16 > e.g. load one at a time manually. At some point you should get the
17 > noise. Then dive deeper into that particular driver case.
18 >
19 OK, how do I find out which drivers coldplugging loads?
22 Colleen Josephson
23 Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
24 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
25 Class of 2013