From: "Kessler
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-catalyst] Portage Overlay
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:45:48
1 That looked like it was going to work, but when it was all finished for
2 some reason the directory was created but it was empty. It is not
3 something I am overly concerned with at this point the package was
4 completely cosmetic. Next on the list is editing some of the default
5 gnome settings with my fsscript. Also is there a slick way to reset the
6 root password in the fsscript without using expect?
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Georg Lippold [mailto:georg.lippold@×××.de]
10 Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:27 AM
11 To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Portage Overlay
13
14 Currently, I just use /usr/portage and modify/add ebuilds there in the
15 appropriate path. Then 'ebuild /usr/portage/.../.../myebuild.ebuild
16 digest', 'emerge metadata' and 'catalyst -s mytag' do the job for
17 livecd-stage2.
18
19 Greetings,
20
21 Georg
22
23 Kessler, Paul wrote:
24 > I added portdir_overlay to my make.conf on the build system and did
25 > create a new snapshot. This didn't seem to do anything at all.
26 >
27 > -----Original Message-----
28 > From: thibaut legendre [mailto:quantique@××××××××××.fr]
29 > Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:46 AM
30 > To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
31 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Portage Overlay
32 >
33 > Kessler, Paul wrote:
36 >>I have a custum package that I would like emerged during the stage
37 >>2 build. On my development system I just do a simple portage
38 >>overlay to get my package in the mix. Will I need to manually
39 >>create the overlay in the fsscript or is there a better mechanism
40 >>to handle this task?
41 >>
42 >>Paul
45 > Why not add your overlay directory when you create your snapshot using
46 > "portdir_overlay: /my/overlay/directory" ?
49 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list
53 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list