From: Daniel Heemann <daniel.heemann@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Installing to the HD?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:52:27
1 On Tuesday 28 June 2005 23:27, Andreas Rueckert wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 21:59, Paul Smith wrote:
3 > > Does anyone have any pointers or docs on installing a complete system
4 > > onto the HD? After I make a partition and a filesystem do I just copy
5 > > the contents of the livecd over with "cp -a" or similar? I guess I
6 > > need to install an MBR... and configure/install GRUB too I suppose?
7 >
8 > I think there are more details to consider.
9 > What kinda compression did you use? You might have to mount the splashfs
10 > under /mnt/cdrom via loop device to get access to the actual filesystem.
11 > What about the devices? You might have to use MAKEDEV to create the
12 > devices on the actual root partition.
13 >
14 > I'm working on a _very_ simply Python script to install our distribution
15 > (Seniorix, a linux system for older users), but it'll take some time
16 > before it's actually usable.
17
18 I already wrote a simple shell script which worked for some beta testers of
19 our livecd.
20 It's a small hack from scratch but shows some details.
21
22 Regards
23 Daniel

epios-livecd-installer.sh application/x-shellscript