From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 23:29:12
1 On 06/27/2011 05:55 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > On 06/27/2011 05:58 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
3 >> We use 2.0.6.916 on official releng releases.
4 >> I tried 9999 on my private tests because [..]
5 >
6 > To me that leaves the question who uses 9999 for serious stuff at all.
7 > In case it's no one (which we should find out) we could trash that
8 > branch and fully concentrate on calalyst_2.
9 >
10 > I guess that sounds a bit radical at first. It doesn't have to be a
11 > quick decision. Also, version control allows us to bring it back if needed.
12 >
13 > Ideas on find out who is using 9999:
14 >
15 > - Removing 9999 ebuild from the tree and see who's complaining
16 >
17 > - Resetting branch master to nothing but a README announcing
18 > the possible death of that thread and a request to join
19 > this mailing list and speak up about it if there is need.
20 >
21 > - Asking on one/some/all of gentoo-dev, gentoo-user, gentoo forums,
22 > planet gentoo.
23 >
24 > After such action I imagine a time window of 2 to 4 weeks to give people
25 > a chance to react.
26 >
27 > What do you think?
30 >> I can confirm that the build with the master branch fails as it doesn't
31 >> seem able to find the spec files or doesn't accept them - the official
32 >> ones we use to build weekly releases.
33 >
34 > That seems to further decrease the chance that someone is using 9999 for
35 > real to me.
36
37 One week has passed by. Anyone?
41 Sebastian